1. Logical Architecture
Sharepoint 2013 Logical Components:
- Farm – the highest level boundary.
- Service Applications – provide different functionalities to Web Application; they can be shared between Web Applications and even between Farms.
- Application Pools – help isolate Web Applications; provide a security and resource boundary between Web Applications.
- Web Applications – an IIS Website; can have one or more content databases.
- Site Collections – a boundary within a Web Application;
- Sites – sites that you creates in a Web Application are stored in the content database. You can use central administration to see and manage them.
- Apps – Lists, Libraries, Items
2. Physical Architecture
- System Requirement Information
1) System Requirements for Web Servers(WFE) and Application Servers(Service Applications): 64bit, 4 cores, 12GB RAM, 80 GB for system drive.
2) System Requirements for SQL: 64bit, 4-8 cores, 8/16GB RAM, 80 GB for system drive.
- Virtual Environment Information:
- Single Farm Topology
1) Small Farm – 3 to 5 servers in a 2-3 tier architecture; serves 10,000 to 20,000 users.
2) Medium Farm – 6 to 10 servers in a 3 tier architecture.
3) Large Farm – more than 10 servers in a 3 tier architecture.
- Sharepoint Licensing Feature comparison