0. Verify Exchange writer with the “vssadmin list writers” command.
1. First of all you need to start the service:
Microsoft Exchange Server Extension for Windows Server Backup
2. Make sure you select the option Custom and not Full Server.
3. Select the Volume you want to backup, and them in the Advanced Settings select VSS Full Backup.
4. Choose the backup destination. If you choose remote folder, backups will be overwritten.
Make sure transaction logs are truncated.
1. Specify location of backup
2. Select that you want to recover Applications and select Exchange.
3. Specify if you want to perform Roll-Forward Recovery.
4. Select Recover to Original Location.